Learn to SCUBA dive in Tucson, Arizona
Start Diving The World In 3 Easy Steps
Step 1 - "Get Smart"
Start your SDI Open Water Scuba Diver course and master all the important academic information online. You can complete this phase through self-study, at your own pace, in the convenience of your home or office. All eLearning courses work on mobile and tablet devices too.
Once you have completed your online portion you will meet with our instructor in our classroom to review the materials and answer any questions that you may have. We want you to be confident that you are now ready to "Get Wet"
Step 2 "Get Wet"
For entry-level certification courses (as well as some continuing-education classes), the next step will be to complete your in-water skill-development training. This takes place in a swimming pool or similar body of confined water, under the supervision of an SDI Instructor.
We use a heated pool in the winter to make sure that you can focus on learning the skills before we move to the next step; your open water dives! It's time to "Go Diving"
Step 3 - "Go Diving"
The final step is to complete the required number of SDI open-water training dives under the supervision of your SDI Instructor. Here you will apply what you have learned during your academic and skill-development sessions, while learning practical lessons that can only be gained through real-world experience in open water.
With Paragon Dive Adventures you will conduct 6 Open Water Dives. We are in the business of building divers not just teaching you to dive. By the end of our course you will be a confident diver which will allow you to enjoy diving to the fullest.
Where will we dive?
We have 4 options to complete your open water dives based on your needs. We have the flexibility to help you meet your goals!
1. Lake Pleasant - This is a great option if you are time crunched or on a tight budget. We will complete 6 dives over 2 days.
2. San Carlos, Mexico - WORLD Class diving in our "backyard." We will head to Mexico for the weekend and complete 6-7 dives over 3 days from the shore and dive boat!
3. San Diego, California - Wrecks, Kelp, Sea Lions, and more! We will head to California for 3 days and complete 6-7 dives from the shore and dive boats.
4. Come on one of our exotic trips that will blow your socks off and allow you to get spoiled by the best diving in the world. Some past locations have included Bali, Malaysia, Croatia, Truk Lagoon, Florida, and many more.
What will it cost?
While SCUBA diving is not cheap we will do our best to provide you with the best pricing available with NO hidden surprises. Once we provide you a quote for your class you can rest assured there will be no hidden fees!
Your course will include the following:
1. SDI online code for Step 1 above
2. Your classroom & pool time with instructor
3. Rental gear for the entire course including computer, BCD, regulator set, tanks, and weights.
4. Pool Fees
5. Boat Fees (Tips not included for boat staff)
6. Double Occupancy lodging at our Open Water Site (Single Occupancy available for increased Fee)
As our courses are semi-private to private and we run very few pre-scheduled courses contact us for your custom pricing! For our white glove service you will be surprised just how affordable our courses are.
What equipment do I need to start class?
To be comfortable we do require that all of our students purchase personal gear and our open water diver Essential package. Here are the items that we require.
1. OW Student Essential Accessory Package
Please do not purchase any of these items before meeting with your instructor! There are lots of "great" deals out there on diving equipment that is inadequate or even dangerous for open water diving.
We do not require you to purchase these items from us but we do only sell the best equipment! I promise you will not regret spending an extra $10.00 on fins! Check out the "Open Water Student" section of our online store.