Dive Rite's stainless steel XT backplate is one of the few backplates that is made in the USA. All Dive Rite backplates are laser cut and individually finished by hand. This attention to detail ensures that there will be no rough, jagged edges that could potentially damage harness or accessory webbing. The XT backplate uses an 11 gauge, low carbon and rust resistant 316L grade stainless steel. Weighing in at 5.2 lbs (2.4kg), stainless steel plates are a popular option for divers looking for a more even distribution of ballast weight.
The XT backplate is set up with 11" (27.9cm) on-center mounting holes to accommodate standard double tank bolt kits, including two holes for the upper bolt to give user adjustability of tank height. Two sets of 2" slots along the center allow divers to use the backplate for single tank diving without the need for a single tank adapter. A series of slots and holes along the outer edges of the backplate provide different options for mounting lights, pony bottles, lift bags, and other accessories. 2" (50mm) and 1" (25mm) slots at the bottom center of the plate allow for any crotch strap up to 2" (50mm) in width to be used.
- The Stainless Steel backplate is ideal when diving aluminum tanks because it adds weight to counteract aluminum buoyancy characteristics.
- When traveling with a rigid backplate, be sure to disassemble your plate / harness from the wing and store them separately during travel. This will reduce the possibility of the plate impacting and damaging the wing or other gear caused by objects shifting.
- The 316L grade of stainless steel is a rust resistand grade of stainless steel, however rinsing with freshwater after saltwater use is still recommended.
DIVE RITE STAINLESS STEEL XT BACKPLATE
- 11 Gauge 316L Stainless Steel
- 5.2 lbs (2.4kg)
- 10.5″ (26.7cm)(widest point) x 15″ (39.4cm)
- 1.25″ (3.2cm) depth (with contour)
- In-water buoyancy: -5 lbs (-2.27 kg)